Iron is one of the strongest metals used in our world today. It is used to build foundations, houses, and skyscrapers. In our culture, the word “iron” is used simultaneously with strength.
I believe this generation has seen a lack of iron.
A lack of strength…in men.
Check this out – Men are responsible for:
- 85% of all indictable crimes,
- 90% of murders, and
- 98% of sexual offenses.
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes
- 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
- 85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes.
This coming Sunday, there will be 13 million more adult women than men in America’s churches.
As many as 90% of the boys who are being raised in church will abandon it by their 20th birthday. Many of these boys will never step foot in a church again.
For every ten men in the church:
9 will have kids who leave the church
8 will not find their jobs satisfying
7 will have a major problem with pornography
6 will say they don’t have any close friends
5 will lose relationship with at least one of their kids
4 will get divorced
The statistics that follow men is staggering…
Yet God calls men to be strong:
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand”